Saturday, August 28, 2010

Painting

Macy and Jarett helped me paint Macy's room.  This was quite an undertaking as there were MANY edges to cut in.  Also the entire room took 3 coats to cover over the blue.  I am not a fan of the more expensive Valspar paint that Lowes claimed was high hiding.  I thought their cheaper paint worked much better that I used for the blue wall in Jarett's room.  It only required 2 coats of paint.  
Macy helping roller her wall

Here is the finished product.  I am not a taper, so all this was done using a edging paint brush.  I would put the kids to bed and work for 2-3 hours for several nights till it finally finished.  Jeremy also helped roller some of the walls.  I did not paint the brown or the white.  The room was blue, brown, and white.  We changed it to Neapolitan Ice cream.  Macy LOVES her pink room.  

The kids helped take care of my parents animals while they traveled to California earlier this month.  They were rewarded with $10.00, each, then my parents took them to Toys R Us to spend the money in their wallets.  This was SOOO fun for them.  However, the gun that Jarett picked out quit working within a couple hours after he purchased it.  He was not too upset, but I was put out.  So, Jeremy and I took him back to the store and we exchanged the guns for a tool belt.  Isn't our mister fix it cute?



No comments: