I am a little sad, not about kindergarten, but that my baby girl is growing up. She grabbed my hand to hold it as we walked through the halls of the school--this I will cherish. Someday, she will want me to drop her off and won't want to be seen with me, let alone hold my hand. I can only hope that I will be "cool," and she won't mind having me around. Macy, darling, I love you so much. I know you will do excellent at school. I hope you will tell me all about your days at school, darling. Mrs. Maren will love you, and you will make more friends than I can imagine. I pray that "you will be a light unto the world" at school, and that you will "build others up" rather than letting those around you tear you or your friends down. May God bless this school year, and may the LORD bless you, sweetheart.
Tuesday, August 17, 2010
Kindergarten Already?!?
Kindergarten starts on Thursday, but today was information day and meet the teacher. Mrs. Maren will be Macy's teacher this year. I have heard lots of good things about her, so I bet we will have a good year. Macy has been telling us that she is scared about making new friends, but today was a lot of fun for her. Mrs. Maren had a scavenger hunt where Macy got to go around the kindergarten room and find things and see where the different centers are located. One center was snack center where she got to have 5 animal cookies. After we visited all the centers and walked to the car I asked Macy if she was still scared, to which she promptly replied, "No, I am excited. Do I start the day after tomorrow?"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
This made me cry!!! Macy is such a beautiful little girl and I know that she will do so well. It seems like just yesterday that Karson and I were the new couple at small group and we met you just a few days before you had Macy. Time flies! She is one blessed little lady to have you and Jeremy as parents!!!
What a sweet girl! I will say a little pray for her and you on Thursday. She'll do great, and her teacher will love her!
I hope that Macy's first day of kindergarten went well. We miss you all. I hope that all is going well. You will have to email me your new address when you get a chance.
Post a Comment