Macy got to pick out a toy at Target for doing so good at school and having fun at school last Thurs. I told Jarett he could have one next week, if he would have fun at school too. Jarett told me he would have fun, if I went with him for one. I told him that I would be happy to stay for one hour, and he was very excited. Also, Jarett was going to be the Busy Bee of the Week next week, which meant that he got to be line leader, say the prayer, bring his favorite book to read during circle time, and have a special time about him where he got to talk about 5 pictures that he brought to school.
Mon night Jeremy had to work late, so I invited one of Jarett's teachers, Jenny, to our home for dinner--her husband is in the Air Force and is deployed overseas for about 5 months. She has a daughter in Macy's class that is one of Macy's favorite friends, and her son is about 6 months younger than Jarett. We had a lot of Fun with Jenny and her family playing outside and eating together--may be having her to our home would help Jarett in school???
He loved having me at school on Tues. He has the sweetest, most well mannered class. His teachers are precious, and they were doing fun things, like painting, cutting with scissors, having circle time... When it came time for me to leave, he cried a little, but stopped and never cried the rest of the day. Wed night he went to Bible class by himself, and told me he wanted to go to church. He had a lot of fun that night participating and playing with his new friends! Thanks for answered prayers--we are on the turn around! Jarett does not have to go to school, but Bible class is not negotiable.
Well, I am thinking that since he had fun on Wed, he would also have fun on Thurs (I really think he doesn't like school b/c it is in the same building as church). He said on Wed, he was excited about school the next day. Well, Jarett woke up, and decided he did not want to go to school, unless I could go with him again--I had lots to do. So, he cried a little as we were getting ready--I told him it would be a fun day--they were having Western day, he got to be Busy Bee again, and they were walking to the retirement home to visit other people's Grandmas. I told him he could get happy or go to the corner. He went to the corner for about 2 min, then got happy.
Jarett looked so cute for Western Day--will post pics later. He went into his classroom without hesitation, and did great! The teachers told me he started to cry one time, but was very happy the rest of the day. I am so thankful. I took him to get his light saber reward for being happy this week at school, and he is happily playing with it. Hopefully, this will carry over to next week. I am grateful for your prayers--I believe God is answering them quite boldly.
3 comments:
I was just going to email to see how he was doing and you posted. I am so glad that he is doing better. Like I emailed you, I really think that it just takes time for them to get used to everything. Still praying for your sweet family.
Yeah Jarrett! Way to go! So happy things went better this week.
That's so great, Rae - glad to hear it!
Post a Comment