I tried telling him that if he did good at school for a whole week, then we could go pick out a new toy at the store. I told Macy, that she could have a toy for doing so well at her new school. I plan to take him along for this adventure this afternoon--Macy will get a toy, Jarett will not. Is this cruel? I feel like maybe he is choosing to cry and be sad, and that he could choose to be happy, especially if Macy is rewarded for good behavior.
Maybe he needs to play with some new friends, so I invited a friend of his from church and school over to play last week--he loved that. He tells me that he has friends that play with him and are nice to him at school. However, his teachers informed me that, "the kids don't play with him when he is crying," and (on Tues), "he was crying so hard at lunch, that I thought he might throw-up." WHAT???!!!! This is not the son that I moved out of Texas? Is this his response to moving? His response to a new baby? I am at a loss, but I desperately want to fix it. I am praying that he can get over the hump. Please pray with me, and leave me any comments that might help.
6 comments:
Rae, no real answers just wanted to say I'll join you in praying. Honestly, it's probably a combo of all of those things, moving, new school, new baby. The best thing is probably not to get upset about it yourself (easier said than done) because when he sees you stressing about it, he will. Just keep encouraging him and help him by praying with him about it. I know telling my son to remember to pray when he's in those situations helps him to feel like he's not alone. Keep me informed on how he's doing. Hugs!!!
Unfortunately, I don't have any advice for you regarding Jarett. I do however, want to tell you how much I LOVE your new family photo...absolutely gorgeous! You have beautiful family. I'll stay tuned to see what you guys figure out with Jarett.
Obviously I haven't been there since my kids are younger, but I do hope & pray that you'll be able to find a solution. What a tough position to be in as a parent! Keep us posted.
rae - i'm so sorry. i know that is heartbreaking for you. i'm thinking he's just had quite a lot of changes all at once. probably too much for a little guy to process very quickly. i'm sure with time and encouragement he'll adjust to everything and be as happy as ever. i will keep you all in my prayers.
It sounds like it could be all of those things; a new baby and a new school are big changes for a little boy. My advice (from another mom) is to take him out of school. If he isn't Kindergarten age yet, take him out and keep him home until then. He has plenty of years ahead of him that he will be in school and especially with all the changes, he sounds like he is crying for attention. My first thought when I read this was to definately take him out. It clearly isn't working, why torture yourself and him. I think if you were to take him out of school, things would really start to improve.
hi Mrs. Boswell,
Thank you for,matching my money.
I'm REALLY excited to give the money to Haiti!!!!!!!
tell Macy hi
love,
Kendyll
Post a Comment