Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Quotable

Here is my dad's response to trying the Turkish Delight last night, "Tastes like I just licked the armpit of someone who wears too much Avon."

So sorry if you are and Avon representative, but I could not resist.


Conversation #1 with Macy:

Macy: "Mommy, what does 'sins' mean?"

Me: "What did you say, Macy."

Macy: "What does sins mean, like Jesus died on the cross for our sins."

Me:  "Well sins are something that you do that is wrong.  Jesus and God gave us rules to follow in the Bible, and when we break those rules, we sin.  God says not to hurt others, so do you think it is a sin to hit someone?"

Macy: "Yes."

Me: "Also, God says not to take things that do not belong to us without asking."

Macy: "Do you think it would be okay if I took something without asking and then gave it back?"

Me: "Yes, that would be okay, but it is always best to ask first."


Conversation #2 with Macy:

Macy: "Mommy when you and Daddy die, I want to die on the same day as you."

Me: "Why is that sweetheart.  We don't know when we will die, but I doubt we can plan to do that."

Macy: "Well if you and daddy die, how will I know what to eat and what recipe to cook?"

Me: " I will teach you how to cook and what to eat."  (Later I added to the conversation, after thinking about what we have put in our will.)

Me: "Macy, remember when we talked about when mommy and daddy die and knowing what to eat."

Macy: "Yes."

Me:  "Macy, if mommy and daddy die, you will go live at Gran and Grandad's house with them, and they can cook for you and tell you what you should eat."

Macy: "Well how will I get there?"

Me: "They will come get you."

I love how those little minds work.  

No comments: