Sunday, August 2, 2009

This and That July 2009

Here are a couple of pictures from Macy's first sleepover at the Pool's house with Lilly.  Macy had so much fun!  I picked her up at church after summer servants, and she did not want to come home--she was ready to go back to Lilly's house.  Jennifer is reading them a story before bed.  7-6-09

They finally crashed around 9:00, I am told.  I am sure Macy was pooped after being at Hawaiian falls all day (10:30-4:00) on Jeremy's birthday.  It was fun having Jeremy's 35th birthday party, as a family at the water park!  But she slept soundly till 6:00 am!  She never gets up that early--her rule is that she has to stay in bed till she sees a 7 or 8 on her clock--Mommy made this rule :-).

Here, Macy is drying a car at one of the Summer servant activities at church.  She had fun at all the events.  This one, they raised money by doing a car wash and making fresh-squeezed lemonade.  7-7-09

Macy and Jarett watching TV, after I got sunscreen on them.  I asked them to sit on the floor so they would not get it on the sofa, and Jarett decided to sit in Macy's lap.
7-9-09

Emily came and spent 2 nights at our house.  We enjoyed her visit, and took a couple of trips to the pool with her where the family cooked out one day and had a picnic lunch the next.  We love Aunt Emily and are so glad she got to come and stay with us this summer!
7-11-09

Jeremy hates this picture of Jarett--he is wearing his football costume from Halloween last year, but he is also sporting some bling!  Sometimes he likes to wear Macy's jewelry or dress-up shoes, which I think is perfectly normal for a 2 year old boy to do!
7-11-09

July 13th before decorating at church.  Macy wore a dress that my parents brought home for me when I was a girl after going on a trip to Hawaii.  I am so glad she has gotten lots of use from it.  The kids had fun while I decorated--Macy wanted her hair in pigtails each day we went, which is strange, b/c she rarely likes her hair fixed these days.  Maybe it was because she wore them the first day, and made a new friend, named Ryan, and her and Ryan and Preston played Star Wars together--she got to be Princess Leah.

Wed night, July 22, we came home from church to find Jarett with hives--he had them on his back, stomach, face, and left leg.  They never seemed to bother him, and went away with Benedryl, but the next morning, he woke up with joint pain in his left knee, which, as a mom of a very active boy, scared me to death.  Many times, when you have hives, they can also settle into joints.  As best we can tell, he turned up  having walking pneumonia, which could have given him the rash, or something he ate--he had mangoes and walnuts on Wed.  I am just glad the boy is better!  Macy ended up getting pneumonia, as well--she had fever for 5 days straight before going on antibiotics, and getting better.  We missed Mon and Tues of VBS, but the kids and I sure enjoyed Wed and Thurs, and the kids loved the VBS backyard bash on Friday evening.

1 comment:

Hattie said...

So sorry the kids had pneumonia! Yuck! Macy looks so old in the picture of her and Jarett in their bathing suits. I can't believe when we first met you guys you were pregnant with her!