Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The one that got away.

The kids rode in the back of the truck with Jeremy once we got to the farm.  They enjoyed riding back there, but I was glad Jeremy was there to hold them in as we went over the bumpy pasture.  The kids loved checking out the cows as we drove to the pond.

While the poles were getting baited, the kids enjoyed looking for shells at the farm pond.  I never knew you could find shells at a farm pond.  Can anyone explain?

Jarett had his pole in his hands and the tip was on the ground.  I asked him to lift up his pole, and this was the response I got...we need to work on correct form.

Okay, he's got the right idea now.

Jarett had just stepped into the mud--he was quite upset for a few minutes.  It was so bogged down, he could not lift his foot out of the mud.

Jarett's shoe...it did come clean after taking a water hose to it.

Macy fishing next to Grandad.  Jarett held his pole for about 5 minutes while we were there.

Macy reeling in her fish as Jarett watches.

My dad had to take one step into the pond to retrieve the pole because her pole was laying on the ground when the fish took the bait, other than that Macy reeled her fish in by herself.  

Macy with the biggie fish that she caught (and prayed to catch--after fishing with her dad and catching little perch, she has been praying to catch a "biggie fish").

Jeremy stepped in the mud and totally bogged down his tennis shoes.  He went the rest of the day fishing barefoot.  My man is a true country boy at heart.

Jeremy went in after Macy's pole, a second time.  He was wearing his Balckberry, and had his wallet in his pocket, but he was more worried about Macy's fish getting away.  Aparently it was a large enough fish that it bent the clip open, so even though Jeremy was willing to nearly dive into the pond, the really big one got away...guess my grandad will have to go out and try to catch it another day.

I thought this was cute of Jeremy and Jarett

Notice everyone's shoes in this picture.  I made Jeremy ride back to town in the bed of my dad's truck.  Macy and Jarett removed their shoes before loading into their carseats.

My dad tied the fish to the old dock.  Jeremy wasn't quite sure if it would hold him.

You can see, the dock needs a little TLC.

Macy holding her fish right before daddy cleaned it.  We ate Macy's fish for lunch Sunday afternoon.

2 comments:

Newberry said...

It looks like you guys had a great time. I love all of the picture, and I especially love Macy's boots with her shorts--very cute!

Andrea said...

It looks like you all had a great time at the farm! I love the pics of Jarett and Macy fishing.