Friday, December 31, 2010

Dec/Christmas 2010

We spent a few days prior to Christmas in Waco visiting family, but made sure to be home in time to leave cookies for Santa at our house.  Here is Jarett in a costume he got from Nana and Grandpa for Christmas.


Here is the Boswell house at Christmas!  Didn't Jeremy do a good job with the lights this year!

Here is Macy at her Christmas program at school on Dec 10th.  Macy is on the back row with all the tallest people in her class.  The program started with the pledge then they sang Jingle Bells, Rudolph the Red nosed Reindeer, Santa Claus is Coming to Town, and a Snowflake Song.  Then they recited a poem call the "Chubby Little Snowman."  The program ended with Up on the Housetop and We Wish You a Merry Christmas.

Here is the entire class--the program was in her kindergarten room--we had front row seats.

Next, Macy was in a Christmas program for dance.

Here she is tapping to "Jingle Bell Rock."

Here is the precious 13 month old in front of the Christmas tree.  I love that toothy grin.  Now he has 9 teeth: 4 on top and 4 on bottom, plus his left, top molar.




He is surprised he is getting to touch the tree.  Usually, he is told, "No, No."  Many times he tells himself, "no, no."

My brother and his family came for dinner before Christmas.  Case so enjoyed playing the piano with uncle Jay.  He got to where he would reach for his uncle Jay in hopes that he would take him to the piano and play with him.

Case enjoyed his bagel with pumpkin cream cheese.  I stepped away to the kitchen a minute and came back to find his bagel smashed on his head.

The kids pointing to "Red Elfy Elf."  The kids loved finding where our elf on a shelf landed during the night.  He found a new place to observe them every day.  The kids would do something nice and ask me to tell Red Elfy Elf.

One of our family traditions is reading, "The Night Before Christmas," on Christmas Eve.  Case got to enjoy the tradition this year.

Chirstmas morning Macy and Jarett came into our room and cuddled in bed with us for about 10 minutes before we got up to open gifts.  Jarett was happy to find his Rip Rider under the tree.  Christmas day was the only time he got to ride in the house.  He has since told us that the Rip Rider is his favorite present.

Case is opening one of his gifts.  He enjoyed opening about 2 presents, then he was done with it, and the kids helped open his for him.

This picture cracks me up.  The cousins love to dress up and had dressed in old halloween and dance costumes and left them on to open presents.  I could not believe Macy was not cold.  Also, check out Jarett.  His shirt says, "I've been so Good," and he is wearing a cap gun on his belt--do you see the irony?  I think his shirt should say, "Give me presents, or I'll shoot."

Okay, somehow, I got the pictures mixed up--this is our house lit up for Christmas.  Didn't Jeremy do good?  I should have used a tripod, but I was just to cold to mess with it.

My mom gave me a cool cookbook called, "The Pioneer Woman Cooks."  I think it has the worlds best cinnamon roll recipe---wow!!!  These just melt in your mouth, as they should there are 4 sticks of butter in them!  I console myself with the fact that the butter is all spread into lots of cinnamon rolls--it made about 45-50 rolls.  Plus, when I make them again, I may use slightly less (3 sticks), I don't think you would be able to tell.

No comments: