Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Case is 6 months old

Case went to the doctor on May 6th and his stats were:
length: 27 inches (75th percentile)
weight: 17 lbs 12 oz (50th percentile)
head: 43 1/2 cm (50th percentile)

Picture taken May 6th

Case had his first spoon meal May 4th.  He really didn't like it, but he is all smiles when I talk to him.


Updated: 5-24
Case still prefers breastmilk to spoon food.  I took him to the doctor today and he has his first ear infection--hopefully he won't have many more, like big brother.  The nurse encouraged me to give him spoon meals 3 times per day.  (I am only trying once per day--we'll step it up to 2, for now).   He totally gags on his medicine, whether it is antibiotic, tylenol, or motrin.  He gags on his food, turns his head away.  The boy has a lot of learning to do, but I am up for it.  

Case is making the "bu bu bu bu" sound and the "da da da da" sounds.  He can roll from his back to front, but not front to back.  He says "ma ma ma ma" only when upset and crying.  Mostly he is a happy boy, but not too happy today, as he is not feeling top notch.  Case is such a blessing to our family and blesses numerous others with his easy smiles.  He can sit up, but still is a bit wobbly.  Case is not attempting to crawl, so I feel like I have a bit longer of him not being mobil.

No comments: