Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Zoo

I forgot my camera, but since the forecast indicated there is a cold front coming today, we went to the zoo yesterday.  I am trying to think of fun things to do with all three kids to help them adjust to their new home.  We nearly had the zoo to ourselves.  My mom, Julie, and Megan joined the 4 of us and we had a lot of fun.  We got to play on the playground, see giraffes, bats, bears, zebras, buffalo, mountain lions, deer, wild dogs...  Case did very well while we were there--he is such a sweet baby.  

Sweet Macy has been asking quite frequently to go home, and I explain that our old home no longer belongs to us.  All our stuff is here.  She really wants to drive by, knock on the door, and see if the new owners will let us come in--she may never leave if we do that.  Moving to Oklahoma has been hard for all of us, but we are starting to adjust.  I am looking forward to being able to go to church and Bible class where I can meet people with children close to Macy and Jarett's ages so that we can start having a few play dates.

How I would love to go to Marla's house to play in their wonderful backyard, or have Jill and Mason (and Max) over to our house to play and for lunch, or go to Colby's house and play, or go to the park and meet some friends there, but those friends are no longer around the corner.  We miss you guys dearly--please come see us sometime. I am hoping to visit Dallas after Christmas.  May God bless all our cherished friends.

1 comment:

Newberry said...

On Sunday Mason was saying something to my mom about Macy and Jarett coming over to play with one of his toys. It made me sad because I would love for you guys to be able to come over as well! I'm really happy, though, that things are going well. It is also great that you get to be close to your family. I'm sure your kids are loving that! Talk to you soon.