Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween scare

Well, we arrived in OK on Thursday, and Jeremy arrived Friday. This is not my usual post of pictures, etc. This is a post for prayers. The pregnancy hit 36 wks on Friday.

Yesterday a little before noon, we had a Halloween scare--I stood up, and felt a gush of warm fluid. I went to the bathroom to find quite a bit of blood. I of course started SCREAMING "Help me, help me, over and over (poor Macy was terrified)." I am sure it was quite a sight, b/c I did not even take the time to get my clothes back on. Anyway, Jeremy drove me to the hospital (the minivan can go over 85 mph), and my dad went along.

They hooked me up to the monitor and discovered that baby Case was okay. His heart rate was normal, and I was having mild contractions. I was dilated to only 1 cm. They observed me for nearly 3 hrs, and the bleeding decreased. They sent me home and told me to take it easy, but if the bleeding picked up to call. Well, the bleeding picked back up quite a bit around 6-7:00, so went back to the hospital where I spent the night. They did a sonogram this time which indicated the bleeding was likely from a small tear in the placenta, but they claim this is okay. It is better to leave the baby, than to induce labor at this point. I am supposed to f/u with my doctor tomorrow, and develop a plan with her, b/c I just saw the MD on call.

However, I am supposed to take it easy and mostly just lay around, not lift anything over 10 pounds, not do laundry...WHAT!!! I am supposed to close on a house Thurs, get it spic and span clean over the weekend, and get all our furniture delivered to the house next Mon and unpack before Case comes!!! I have resigned myself to the fact that this is not going to be happening! I am a type A person who plans well in advance and has never been know to procrastinate. This is a real test of my will.

Anyway, pray mostly that Case will be okay, I will be okay, and that I will just be relaxed about not getting the things done that I had planned. GOD is good--we could have had tragedy yesterday, but we had assurance. Now, I must trust in the LORD that everything will go according to HIS plan. I am humbled at the feet of our merciful GOD.

5 comments:

Lori said...

We will be praying for God's protection over you and baby Case. So glad you are both all right.

Amy McCown said...

We will continue to keep you guys in our prayers. Take it easy girl. I know it is so hard in the middle of your move.

julesmesa said...

I have been praying for all of you the last 24 hours. Talk to you soon.

MereMoore said...

Oh my goodness!!! Yes, quite a scare...definitely praying for you and sweet Case. And don't worry about not getting your stuff done-it will be fine!! (I didn't get to do ANY of the prep work-granted I wasn't moving-but still! There will always be time for the "stuff" in life!) I loved the Halloween costume too!!

Unknown said...

Hi Sweet Boswell family,

You are in my prayers for peace of mind and the safe delivery of Case.

Much love, Marcia Schutza