Saturday, November 7, 2009

Case Van Boswell is here

Thurs evening had some more bleeding, so doctor said she either wanted to do c-section that night, or watch me overnight and try vaginal delivery in the morning. I opted to wait and try in the morning.

About 12 hours after starting pitosin, Case made his entrance at 7:27 pm. The doctor came by at 6:00 pm and said I was not progressing as she hoped and that she would give me 1 hour to make significant progress or she would do c-section. He was sunny-side up and I was not getting past 4 cm.
Well, I laid there (in the most strange position, trying to get him to turn) while Jeremy watched Father of the Bride. I prayed that if it was safe for Case that God would turn him and that I would progress, otherwise, I asked God that I would not progress. Well, 1 hour later I was 8 cm and he had turned. The doctor stayed to visit for about 5 minute, and I told her I was feeling alot of pressure--she checked again, and I was 9 cm and complete. She went to grab a drink, then I hit my call button and told the nurse--"I am feeling the urge to push." The doctor came back and said, "yep, I see the head!" Boy, God really took over and answered my prayer with clarity!

He weighed 6 lbs and 3 oz, was 19 1/2 inches and had good apgar scores and is doing fabulous! We have had a wonderful delivery experience here in OK! Thank you all for praying for us, especially over the past week.

"Glorify the LORD with me; let us exalt his name together. I sought the LORD, and he answered me." Psalm 34: 3-4a
Case minutes after birth
Case getting checked out

Case alert and taking in his first meal

Jarett and Macy meeting Case for the first time.

Jeremy letting Jarett hold Case

Russ and Jan with Case (Grandad and Gran)

My Grandad, Van Hall, with Case Van

12 comments:

Alli said...

Congratulations Boswells! We're so glad that he arrived safely & that Rae is doing well, too. What a blessing!

Andrea said...

Congrats! Case is precious and we are so excited that his delivery went well. We can't wait to meet him!

Hattie said...

Congrats! We are so excited Case is here and healthy!

Sharon said...

Oh, he is perfect! I'm so happy for you...have prayed a lot for you this week and wish I could hop in the car and come visit you.:)

Love you!

Newberry said...

He's beautiful, Rae! I'm so happy to see pictures. I love the look on Macy and Jarett's faces while they are looking at him. Congrats!

Amy said...

congratulations guys! he is beautiful! can't wait to see more pix of him!

Perks said...

Thanks for the blog link, Jeremy. What a week you've had! Wow!

SO thankful that everyone is healthy and well! Congratulations on the birth of sweet baby Case!

Praying for a restful week for you guys!

Sarah said...

Congrats! I am so glad you had a safe delivery and that Case is happy. He is adorable. Can't wait to see more pictures.

Julie said...

Whaaa??!! This is great news. He is beautiful and his healthy delivery is an answer to a lot of prayers for him and his momma. Love to you-

Julie

MereMoore said...

Congrats! Glad everything worked out so well and that you and Case are healthy!! Answered prayers!!

Shelly said...

Wow!! Love to see God in action like that! So thrilled you are all doing well. Macy and Jarrett look so happy! love you--

Lori said...

Congratulations Rae, what a great week to have a son, he's gorgeous :-) His big sister and brother look so proud!