We went to the doctor today and Case had gained a whopping 27% of his discharge weight from 2 weeks ago. He is now 7 pounds and 10 ounces!!! (He was discharged from the hospital at 6 pounds). They measured him at 19.5 inches again, but he appears longer to me. My boy loves to eat, huh!
Over the past week we have started hanging things on the walls, and not looking at boxes (many are stacked in a closet till we get shelves put up in a couple of the closets), which has made me feel a lot better. I have put on one pair of my pre-pregnancy jeans! (But Macy informed me tonight, "you still have a tummy, do you have another baby in your tummy?') Gotta love the honesty of kids, huh. We got pictures made Friday--they turned out beautiful and many will be on our Christmas/Announcement Card.
Also, precious people from the Christian families class have brought us 5 meals, and we have never even been to that class at the Memorial Road Church--that has really left a good impression on me! They are taking a break then bringing meals again after Thanksgiving. That has been a godsend for me, as my pediatrician strongly suggested that I don't get case in large crowds (i.e. grocery store, church, mall...) till he is 2 months old. Jeremy and my mom are buying into this advice, so I guess I will keep Case home bound for as long as possible.
My kids have started asking to go home, and I tell them "we are home." And they reply, "no our other home." I say, "that is no longer our home, someone else lives there, all our stuff is here...look around and you can see all our stuff is here." This makes me sad, b/c I miss our old home, too, sometimes. Mostly, I miss our precious friends, but hey, someday, I will actually be able to get out of my house and make new friends, right? Also, I told Macy that we can go back to Dallas and visit our friends and drive by our old home and wave at it, but that we can't go inside. Here are some recent pictures.
Jeremy and the kids went on a bike ride last weekend.
Case smiling in his sleep--I call this his Elvis smile. This picture was taken one week ago.
My long-time friend, Julie Mesa came by last Monday and brought her daughter, Megan. Macy and Megan dressed up as princesses--Jarett dressed up and told me that he was Jesus.
We have had a few rough nights lately--I don't think Case appreciates garlic or taco soup, but I had my mom pick him up some mylecon today, so maybe we won't keep having those issues, and I may have to start watching what I eat. On rough nights, Case ends up cuddling with mom in the early morning hours so that we can both get some sleep. Here is Case bundled up and sleeping in Mommy's bed.
I am very proud that Case will take a pacifier--we shouldn't have to break the finger habit with him, like we have with Jarett.
Sweet Jarett holding Case. Macy and Jarett have really enjoyed their little brother and have helped me a lot. They love to flip the diaper champ, get diapers, "feed him his pacifier," get the burp rag...they have yet to tell me "no" when I have asked them a favor--what precious children God has blessed us with.
You can see how his face is filling out--I took this on Saturday.
1 comment:
Sweet pictures! It was great to talk to you today. Mason and I really miss getting to hang out with you guys. Love and miss you!
Post a Comment