Saturday, April 25, 2009

A day at the zoo

Wed we went to the zoo.  We got there about 10:00 and left around 3:30--I was drained after a long day there, but the kids had fun!  We stayed a long time because our kitchen is in the process of being remodeled, and we like to be away from the loud noises.  Jarett told me yesterday that he did not like Kevin, and I said, "Jarett, that is not very nice." Then I said, "Do you not like him because of all the loud noises?" to which he replied, "yes."

We started out in the children's zoo, where the kids each had a turn riding the horse, "Levette."  We saw everything in the children's zoo, then had our picnic lunch.  


Next we saw the elephant and giraffe, and then headed to the reptile exhibits.  My kids love finding the frogs, snakes, and salamanders hidden in their habitats.  They also like to know if the snakes are "poisonous" and finding the rattlesnake, like what bit daddy.  Macy was very interested in the Alligators, and how hard could they bite.  I told her they could probably bite off her hand or arm.  The zoo recently got some new albino alligators...

Next I let them play in the river--they were really excited about this, b/c I usually tell them to stay out of the water. (I brought their bathing suits.  Macy got cold after a bit--it was 90 degrees, but the water was a little chilly). Next, they played in the sand for about 30 minutes while I chilled out in the shade on a slide in the Tot's area, then we rode the carousel before heading to the car.  Macy really wanted to ride in the nest and make it spin, but I told her she had to do it by herself b/c it might make mommy throw-up.  She was a little dissappointed that she could not make it spin as fast as some kids she saw riding it about 2 wks ago, so she wants daddy to ride it with her next time.  I thought she did pretty good turning it by herself.



I asked Macy as we headed to the car if she had a fun day, to which she replied, "No, it was too hot."  Like father, like daughter--It was about 90 degrees. (Jeremy's least favorite season is summer.)

1 comment:

Amy McCown said...

what a fun day - even if macy did not think so :-) That is exciting you are remodeling. I can't wait to see it.