Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Birthday Party

Last night the fumes in our house were bad because of the appoxy they used to attach the sink to the granite in my bathroom, so Jeremy came home and we left to go to Mommy's birthday party.  My birthday is not till Thurs, but I figure it will get overlooked as Thurs night is when the kids have their spring program, which Macy told me after school today, "I don't like the stage because I am scared that you will look at me."





First, I rode the carousel with the kids, we probably went around 20 times, and I was getting dizzy, so it was nice for me when this ride ended.  The kids enjoyed it.

Next, the kids rode the train--Jeremy and I watched.  Macy got to ring the bell.

Jarett enjoyed the caboose.

The kids really liked the airplane ride.  This went around numerous times, too, so I was glad I did not have to ride with them.



After the airplane ride, we rode the go-carts.  Macy chose to ride with the birthday girl.  The go-carts were really fast, and a lot of fun to me.   Macy and I never let Jeremy and Jarett pass us.  After go-carts Jeremy and I played Pop-a-shot.  Then we let the kids bowl.  Jeremy and I got to bowl the 5 and 10 frames.  I got a strike on the 10th frame, so I sealed the deal of Macy winning this time.  (This is amazing, as bowling is not my best game--I barely passed it at ACU, thankfully, I took it as a pass/fail class)

I love the look on Jarett's face after he knocked the pins down.


Macy shows such concentration.
All in all, I had a wonderful birthday party.  The food was okay, the playing was fun, but the best part was getting to be together as a family--thanks, Jeremy for taking me to my birthday party!  Macy was not ready to leave; we got there around 6:30 left at 8:40, and they closed at 9:00.  She asked to go back today after school, but we did not get to go again.  So there you have it; I will be 33 in just a few days!

3 comments:

Amy said...

happy bday rae!!

Newberry said...

I'm glad you got to have a good family night out for your birthday. It looks like you guys had a really fun time! Cute pictures.

Amy McCown said...

Isn't it funny how our birthday parties change so much after we have kids. It looks like you all had a fun time. Happy Birthday.