What a month! Case turned 1. I still can't believe it. Poor Case rang in his first birthday with an ear infection--look at this face, not the simlely boy I am used to. I hesitated to take him to the doctor, because I knew he would be at the doctor in just a few days for his annual check-up. Usually he LOVES Ralph. Ralph gives children hugs on their birthdays.
Here is the carrot cake--thanks Shelmama for the wonderful recipe!
Case was going for the candle here.
If you click on the picture, you will find redness around Case's eyes. He only took a 30 minute nap on his birthday. Needless to say, I was glad his birthday was low-key, because he did not want to eat much, and did not want to be apart from mommy. I think it was because he was in pain from his ears...the saga goes on...as of today, he still has an ear infection! We have an appt with an ENT in two days. Looks like my baby probably has tubes in his future.
He still gave a few smiles about opening presents. He did not want mama putting him down, though.
This is a funny gift...we wrapped the battery for the electrical car that was a gift for Jarett when he was 1 or 2. Case LOVES the car, now it actually goes when you push the button. If we are in the garage and he sees it, Case lunges for it, to let me know he wants to go for a ride.
Case has started playing with the big kids--he even drives cars around like big brother (oh well, cars go in reverse, too).
I respond, "You want to go night night?" And, he says it again. I guess we don't really play in his room--he associates it with being tired and sleeping.
Case has also really picked up the sign for more and he says, "mum, mum" as he signs it. He also cracks me up when I ask him if he is all done after he eats, and he pulls at his bib, or pulls at his shirt, like he is wearing a bib and trying to get it off. His little world keeps growing, as he keeps learning to communicate.
Please keep the precious one-year-old in your prayers, that the treatment he receives will allow him to feel better--I am tired. He is more needy and I feel like I am 21 pounds heaver a lot of the time, because he is my attachment the majority hours of his awake time. But, I love him, and will do anything for that baby--even post his birthday post nearly a month late :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment