Friday, November 5, 2010

One year ago, today...

I held Case in his room tonight as I nursed him before bed and thought, I was in the hospital one year ago today awaiting your precious arrival.  I was praying for your safety.  I was being closely monitored for a need for emergent c-section.  We had your prayer warriors all over OK and TX praying for your safety.  Thank God, you arrived safely into our family.  Our prayers were answered in a resounding, "yes."

I can't believe we celebrate your birthday tomorrow.  Case, you are such a blessing.  Your smiles warm the world here, in D.C., in Branson...all over.  People at the grocery store comment--"he's smiling at me."  This is the norm, not a rare occurrence.  You make EVERYONE feel special.  I hope that is your gift and that will stay with you for a lifetime.   

You LOVE Bible class.  I really can't think of a time that I have dropped you off for class and have seen you cry.  The comments are always, "he did great, as usual." You LOVE Macy and Jarett.  Taking baths with them is so fun.  You find ways to play with them by handing them the floating letters, or putting your hands under the running water with them.  I love seeing the bond that is already forming between you and your siblings.  

You are talking.  Here are Case's words: mama, dada, ma ma (meaning more, more), ah (oh), waves, "hi," and says "all done," which is really clear.

My what a difference a year makes!!!
11-6-09

11-5-10


2 comments:

Sharon said...

This post made me cry! :) It is so true...every part of it...from the prayer warriors all over praying for a safe arrival to how his smile warms your heart... He is SUCH a happy baby! I'm so glad that I get to have sweet Case in my life. Love you guys!

Newberry said...

Happy Birthday, Case! I cannot believe that he is one year old. I feel like we were just walking on the treadmill telling each another that we were pregnant, and now you have your sweet, smily Case! I wish I could be there to squeeze him and give him a kiss. Miss you and love you!