The first fall event we did on Oct. 9, was to visit the Parkhurst Pumpkin Patch. The kids enjoyed feeding the animals.
Here Case is intently watching a Sheep
My precious smiley boy had already been to 2 soccer games and napped at one of them.
Here we are on the hay ride--I am hanging on to the boy tightly.
Probably the most fun the kids had was playing on the hay bales. They could climb and jump on them. Macy was all go from the start, but Jarett had to warm up to the idea, but he started jumping and really had a blast.
Looks like he is flying!
Way to go Macy-girl.
Okay, so I wore sweet baby Case out.
Daddy and Jarett on the tire swing.
Macy on the tire swing.
Case posing in the pumpkins.
This is one of my favorites.
Sweet boy! What a blessing Case is to us!
Next, Jeremy took the 2 big kids to Storybook Village Oct 25. The kids dressed up as Ariel and Elmo. Jarett made many small children very excited. He even made one toddler's day by giving him a hug from the "real Elmo."
Not sure if anyone remembers, but Jarett was Elmo last year--I just let him pick from the dress up he has to wear for Halloween. Neither if the kids got new outfits for Halloween. They have a Nana that is a SUPER Garage saler and gets the cool dress up clothes, so they did not need anymore. It was also fun, because they chose to be something different for each activity they were involved in.
Guess this was the Old Lady's Shoe, who had so many children she did not know what to do...
Jarett and Humpty Dumpty
Then Oct 28th, Jarett wanted to be the scary skeleton that Nana got at a garage sale for the Sonshine school Halloween party. I was scared that he might scare some of the little ones, but I could not talk him out of this costume. Here Jarett is as chapel. (Somehow, I was so busy, I did not get a picture of Princess Belle, aka Macy).
I also, didn't get a picture of her as Queen Lucy from Chronicle's of Narnia for her storybook parade at Elementary School Oct 29th.
The kids are dressed and ready to Trick-or-Treat on our front porch. Edmond celebrated Halloween on Oct 30th this year. Macy decided last minute to be Spider Girl. Thankfully, our neighbors let her borrow a mask. I asked Jarett to make sure and smile for the picture :-). It was quite difficult keeping the hat on Case's head.
Jarett and Macy are holding the pumpkins we carved. I gave them each a Sharpie and they drew what they wanted without an ounce of help. Then, I carved them.
Our first Trick-or-Treat stop was Gran and Grandad's house.
Mr. Happy with his Grandad and Gran.
Macy's Jack-O-Lantern is on the left and Jarett's looks like Frankenstein on the Right.
The best surprise was that Sharon came to visit and helped pass out candy for Trick-or-Treaters. We had fun hanging out in the hot tub after we turned the porch light out. The only bad part was her stay was not long enough. Hope to see you again, soon, girl. We miss you.
Finally, the kids and I volunteered to deliver goodie from our church to Fire Station #4 in OKC. Of course I did not mind this task, and the kids liked going to the fire station.
Jarett in the fire truck.
Macy and Jarett in the front of the Truck. The fire fighters were really nice and showed us around, and educated us a little about the different fire trucks they had.
No comments:
Post a Comment