Tuesday, July 20, 2010

That's my Jarett

Today we went to the pool  We met a friend there, and ended up seeing another friend there, as well.  The kids were having fun for about an hour, when Jarett tells me, "I need to go poo poo."  Me: "Okay, I need to hold Case, so you can wipe yourself.  Just do your best.  But, put your shoes on, first."
Jarett: "Okay."  (Puts shoes on.  Walks toward the restroom.)
I see him enter the girls bathroom and am facing that way, when a couple of minutes later, I see Jarett walk across the breezeway to the mens bathroom.  This would all be normal and good, except, he is walking with his swimsuit around his ankles.  I giggle.  I watch the door and wait, and wait, and wait.  I decide to go check on him and a friend takes Case for me.  Outside the mens restroom is a boy waiting on Jarett, as the bathroom is a one-holer.  Jarett has the door ajar, so I call to him and walk in.  I see his swimsuit in the middle of the floor inside out and his shoes on the floor, and the toilet paper strung so long that it is also on the floor.  
My thought: "GROSS."  My reaction: "Jarett, can I help you with that toilet paper?"
Jarett: "Yes."  
If you know me at all, the reason I request the kids wear shoes to the bathroom is that I am a germ-a-phobe by nature.  My kids have cured me of that, but still on the mens bathroom floor!?!  I didn't say a thing to him, so I am proud of that.  We just washed hands and I asked him to jump into the pool--let the chlorine kill any germs on his feet or swimsuit. :-)
On our way back I asked him, "Jarett, why did you leave the other bathroom."
Jarett: "Because, that was the girl's and I am a boy."
Me: "Oh, that makes sense."
I love that boy.  The thing I love most is he tells me, "Mommy, I love you."  at the most random times--he just brightens an ordinary moment.

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

He's a sweet one! I'm surprised I haven't seen you at the pool yet. We must not be on the same pool schedule.