Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Is she an Angel?

Conversations with Macy:

One week ago, today:

Me: "Guys we need to get shoes on and go to the bathroom--we have church tonight."
Macy: "Yeah, I love church."
Me: "Why do you love church, Macy?"
Macy: "I love praising God."

Wow--that is the answer we all should give, huh?  

Today's conversation stemmed from my battle with the stomach flu that hit in the wee hours of the morning on Tuesday.  I was better today, but still running a fever, and feeling weak.  It is hard to take care of 3 kids when you don't feel well.  Anyhow, she came down to give me a kiss and tell me "goodnight" after cleaning up and getting ready for bed.  

Macy: "Goodnight, mommy, I love you."
Me: "I love you too."
Macy: "Would you like a drink of your tea?"
Me: "Sure, that would be great."
(Macy brings my glass of iced tea and I take a couple drinks).
Macy: "I want to help you tomorrow, too, mommy."
Me: "Oh Macy, you have been such a good helper for me, thank you."
Macy: "Well, if you need anything tonight, just come to my room and wake me up.  I will help you."
Me: "Wow.  But, I bet daddy will be able to help tonight, if I need it."
Macy: "Well, I will help if you need it."
Me: "Thank you darling."

Could there be a more precious one as this?!?  God has truly blessed me with a child that loves to serve.

2 comments:

Alli said...

That is so sweet!

Unknown said...

Love that you've recorded those precious conversations! What a blessing Macy is.