Jarett and Macy's birthdays are 1 week apart. Jarett had his birthday on Sept 27th and Macy on Oct 4th. We started the festivities with their party on Sept 26th at the Gymnastics place. The kids loved it and I loved not having to clean anything up. I think the pit was the biggest hit of the party, but they also enjoyed jumping on the trampolines. Nana and Grandpa spent the day with us and came to the party--I was glad they got to spend the day here.
Jarett and Daddy before the birthday party.
I took the easy way out this year--I used candles to decorate the cupcakes.
Jarett and Mason in the pit.
Jumping off the horse.
Macy in mid-air.
Climbing out--she had a blast at her party.
Mason playing in the pit.
Macy loved the zip line and did it over and over.
Jarett on the zip line. He really wanted to do it, but cried both times after he fell into the pit.
Mason dropping into the pit off the zip line.
Macy blowing out the candle as her friends Reid and Lana look on.
Of course the most important part of the candle is licking off the icing.
Macy and Jarett's friends eating cupcakes at the party.
We did a book exchange at the party. Each child brought a wrapped book and each child got to open a book and take it home--I didn't even have to do party favors. I would do a book exchange again! After the party, the kids got to open presents from us and their Nana and Grandpa. All Jarett asked for were: a gun, guitar, and lightening McQueen cake. (My parents got him a storm trooper gun that he LOVES, but I don't have a picture of him with that).
Macy got a Barbie from Jeremy and I for her birthday. She is really into playing with them and changing their clothes. She reminds me of her mamma.
Jarett with his football clothes he got from Nana and Grandpa, playing his new guitar.
Reading the Ariel book with Nana. Macy's friend Lana was so sweet to give Macy one of the books she got in the book exchange since Macy loves Ariel so much.
Jeremy's Dad came the day after the birthday party and we went to lunch with him and then opened presents with Papa Ott. Macy got a Barbie horse from Papa Ott for her birthday. She has really been enjoying her new Barbie stuff. Jarett got a Lightening McQueen car and a star wars transformer. My kids are very into star wars at this point.
Oct 2-3rd we went to the Great Wolf Lodge for a cousin's party. (Raevan and Korbyn both have birthdays within days of my children). My kids LOVED the Great Wolf and are already asking when we can go back. Thanks to mom and dad for a fun weekend!!! I forgot my camera, but am hoping to get some pictures from my brother and parents. I would love to go back sometime when I am not pregnant so that I can ride all the wild and crazy rides, too.
This picture was taken on Oct 4th, 2009. The birthday girl in the new dress from Gran and Grandad.
Macy and Jarett watching Daddy with big smiles on their faces.
Isn't my 3 year old boy strapping in his tie!
Three of the most precious people in my life. Jarett wanted to look like daddy at church on Sunday.
Jarett was a little jealous of the candle--I only had one, but I reminded him that he got a candle in his dessert last Sunday on his birthday at Picasso's.
Macy turned 5 on Oct 4--she is blowing out her candle after making a wish.
2 comments:
What beautiful kids! I love the pictures before church, and I especially love the one of Jarett with his guitar and football uniform :) The party was tons of fun!
I LOVE the book exchange idea. I'm totally stealing it for the rest of our lives! :) I thought about doing a toy exchange for Jack last year, but the book exchange is WAY better. FUN!
Looks like a fun party and a special birthday for BOTH kids! They are SO BIG! Love you and will miss having you here! Dallas will seem so close after you move to OK! Love you!
Post a Comment