Korbyn and Raevan (my nephew and niece) went fishing about a month ago, and Raevan caught a fish, but Korbyn did not, so Korbyn has been praying for several days after that to catch a fish, and sometimes God answers the littlest prayers...
The kids in the back of Grandad's truck riding a few blocks through the neighborhood to the stocked pond.
Macy, Megan (our good friend in OK), Korbyn, Raevan, and Jarett
Megan and Korbyn sharing a bucket to fish from. It was really sweet how all the kids got along and no one got left out. Megan bought her Barbie rod on the way to Gran's house.
Macy fishing with her Barbie rod
Jarett fishing with his Batman pole.
I love how lady-like Raevan is standing to fish.
Korbyn proudly holding his perch--he really wanted to keep it and eat it, but we told him it was not big enough to keep, but we told him he could hold it...
Macy and Jarett touching the fish.
Korbyn tried to hold the fish, but was not quite sure about it. Jarett LOVED holding it--till he dropped it and it flopped all over the dock. Every child there was SCREAMING as the poor fish flopped around--Jarett was crying, but grandad picked it up and gave it back to Jarett to throw back into the pond.
The kids tired of fishing after about 5-10 minutes. Her is Julie (Megan's mom, and my longtime friend) fishing with the Barbie rod, John, her dad fishing with another Barbie rod, and my dad fishing with the Batman rod--I had the other rod. The adults did not catch any fish. Korbyn was the only one to catch a fish.
The kids liked climbing on a nearby rock.
After fishing, I reminded Korbyn how he had prayed for a long time to catch a fish, and told him that since he caught a fish, he needed to thank God.
Macy really wanted to catch a fish, and got very teary over not catching one. I asked her if she had ever prayed to catch a fish, to which she replied, "no." So, I told her maybe she should do like Korbyn and pray to catch a fish, now nearly every time she prays, she asks God to "please help me catch a fish." I sure pray that God will come through for her on her next fishing expedition, or we might have to have a talk about the meaning of patience.
1 comment:
We had so much fun! And I don't think that I have laughed so hard in a long time - those kids screaming at the flopping fish about sent me over the dock.
Post a Comment