Our Church had a Christmas play on Dec 17th. The boys were Shepards and girls were Angels (Macy did not want her picture taken), but the boys sang "Away in a Manger" and the girls sang "Silent Night." I don't think either of mine sang, but I could not see them from where I was sitting. Macy told us that she was scared and did not sing--there were too many people. Macy liked Jarett's headdress for awhile--she pretended she was Mary and one of her dolls was Jesus.
I now have a new favorite Christmas memory. Christmas Eve, our church had a song and prayer service, and first took intercession prayer requests from the crowd, then had a prayer. Next, they took thanksgiving prayer requests from the crowd, and Macy started raising her hand. I leaned down to ask her if she really would say something if John Scott called on her, and she said she would, so I told her to go ahead and raise her hand (there were probably 150-200 people there). Anyway, John Scott saw Macy and said, "Macy do you have something that you are thankful for?"
Macy replied, "I am thankful for my Mommy." Then, Jarett piped up really loud, "I am thankful for my daddy!" They got a few chuckles, but it was b/c it was so sweet.
Jarett's favorite color is green--he went for the Green ring that he holds onto with his class when they attend Chapel at their school. Dec 18th they had a special Chapel where parents could watch.
Jarett, not singing in Chapel
Jarett singing in Chapel!
Macy spotted us at Chapel and was happy we made it. Macy made her reindeer hat.
Jarett on stage singing "Jingle Bells."
Macy on stage singing "We Wish you a Merry Christmas." She sang that day.
We attend Santa's Village in Richardson every year. This year we went on Dec 18th after it rained (misted) most of the day. We did not have to wait in many lines more than 1-2 people deep, and were able to see everything (except Santa--his line was still long, but not bad for Santa's Village). We all loved it!
Here the kids are riding in a Sleigh, drawn by human volunteers.
Macy is whispering her Christmas wish into the snow fairy's ear.
Giving the big bear a hug.
SPCA was there and Macy loved holding and petting the kittens. (She already received a reindeer nose at a previous exhibit.)
The kids with frosty. Jarett was so proud of his green lion that one of the elves made for him. He took care of it, but Macy's pink sword popped when we got out of the car, and she was very sad. The next day, we got into the car, and when we got to the place where it popped, Jarett said, "Macy sword popped." He remembered, but we wanted to let Macy forget.
No comments:
Post a Comment