Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Happy 90th Grandma Billie!

My mom planed a party for my Grandma Billie's 90th birthday at Incredible Pizza Factory in OKC.  She turned 90 on Jan 4th and had her party on the 3rd.  When we walked in, we told them we were here for a party, and they asked the child's name, I said, "well, she is not a child, she is 90!"  They, then knew right where to put us.  I don't think anyone has ever had a 90th party at Incredible Pizza before.   She got lots of attention from the employees.


Here is a picture of my grandma, with both of her kids, 4 of her grandchildren, numerous great-grandchildren, and one great-great grandchild.

Grandma did the pinata with her youngest great-grandchildren

This type of pinata, you pull strings till the candy falls out--I wish I could have seen everyone hit it with a stick!

Jarett was much more interested in the sucker than posing for the picture.

Here is my newly-wed grandad with Janis.  They got married last Feb 29th, and we are so glad to welcome Janis into our family.  They are about to do the bumper cars.  I did not see it, but apparently my grandad would back his car up as far as he could, grin real big at Janis, and run into her as hard as he could!  They drew quite a crowd and lots of people were taking pictures of this event on their cell phones.  It wouldn't surprise me to see it on You-tube someday.  I sure hope that I am having as much fun with life when I am their age!

Jeremy and I are about to do the bumper cars.

Bumping into Jeremy--we had fun!

This was our first time to go bowling as a family.  (I won!), Jeremy got second, Jarett came in third, and Macy came in last (but don't tell her).  My dad was just there watching.

Towards the end of the evening, a gentleman that worked there, came up and handed my grandma a wad of probably 1000 tickets.  My kids reaped the benefits and each got a cool toy to take home.

Getting all the tickets into the counter was quite a feat.  Macy enjoyed feeding them into the machine, though.

The highlight of the day was watching my family race around on the fast-track go-carts.  My mom even bumped my grandma!  My mom is right behind my grandma--this is just before she bumped her.  She was fine, but they stopped to check on her.

Here is my grandad and Janis.  My grandad claimed that his eyes were too bad to read the signs on the back of the cars that say "No bumping."  He was planning to bump Janis here, as well!  He was good though, and just had a blast flying around the track.

My grandad
 
My grandma

Who's the hotty in the #3 car?  I sure hope he is driving my way!

Jarett and I rode on the slow track together.  He kept asking me to "go faster, mommy!"

Macy rode with Grandad (my dad).

1 comment:

Sharon said...

That is a precious idea! I love it:)