Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Case takes in the Capital

Jeremy had a conference in Washington D.C. about two weeks ago.  I decided it would be fun to tag along and Case came with me.  He was free, except for the bananas I purchased for him at Starbucks and Corner Bakery.  (So glad to get to Corner Bakery again--ate lunch there 2 days in a row).  He did great the plane ride up there--went to sleep about 20 minutes after take off and woke up when we were de-boarding.  The only thing Case was not a fan of was the trip in the Shuttle Van to our hotel that lasted about an hour---I was thrilled with it either as the driver was really good at letting off the gas every 5-10 seconds the whole trip.  

I have to say that my favorite thing about the trip was the hotel room.  It had the best massage chair in the room that massaged your entire back and your legs or feet.  Case would take a nap, and I would read a book and get a massage--what could be better to do on vacation???  Case would go down for the evening, Jeremy would go to the business center to do some work, and I would read and, you guessed it, get another massage.  Anyhow, we did do a little sight-seeing, as well.

Case in front of the Washington Monument.  (We went to the Lincoln monument, and the new WW II memorial as well, but forgot the camera that morning.)

Here we are at the Smithsonian.  Case LOVED this Giant Grasshopper that I am holding.

Case also liked crawling through the tunnel at the Natural History Museum.  I think he was just happy to be free.

This was in front of the fountains at the National Art museum.  There was a sculpture garden.  We attempted the Art Museum (inside) after the Natural History Museum, but Case was fit to be tied and needed a nap.  I was afraid of ruining everyone else's enjoyment of the art galleries, so we left and headed toward the subway.

Case in front of our Nation's Capital.  Case is not sporting his usual smile--he was very tired at this point.

Case got his nap.  I sat in this beautiful park and enjoyed the flowers for thirty minutes while he slept.  It was so quite and peaceful.

The following day, Jeremy's conference ended at 12:30, so we decided to take in the National Zoo.  The zoo is free and one of the best I have been to.  I have been to OKC zoo, Dallas zoo, Ft. Worth zoo, and San Diego zoo, to name a few.  I loved all the natural habitats they had for the animals--the other big plus was the ease of viewing the animals in their large natural habitats. 

One reason we loved the zoo so much was that it was so quiet.  It rained as we were going in and looked like it could really storm, but it never more than misted on us during the 2 hours we were there.  The animals were quite happy in the overcast, cooler weather, and we enjoyed having the zoo practically to ourselves.  

Case and mom inside a bird exhibit.

Jeremy and Case on the bridge that spans the elephant exhibit.

Jeremy and I thought this looked like Aslan.  

I like these last few of Case with his Daddy looking at the waterfall, which got Case's attention.  All the kids LOVE their Dad, but Case seems the happiest to see his Dad at this age.  He is a bit of a mama's boy because he is still nursing, but their are times, when he wants daddy, not mommy.  It really is precious for me to see.


Bye, bye for now D.C.  Next time we hope to bring the other kiddos along--there is so much to do and learn, and it is all free!  All you have to do is get there and pay for a place to stay.

1 comment:

Newberry said...

Okay, I just typed the longest comment ever and lost it! I'll try again.

-Thanks so much for coming to Mason's bday. Macy and Jarett are still his favorites! Your pictures are way better than mine. You'll have to send me some.
-Happy bday to Macy and Jarett! The cake and cake pops look awesome.
-The science museum looks like so much fun. Mason and Jarett will have to play legos together because Mason loves them too.
-Mason wants to be a skeleton too, and he wants Max to be one as well. How funny!
-Case has gotten so big and he look so cute. I just want to kiss his sweet, smily face!
-Macy looks so grown-up and pretty. Love the pigtails.
-Lastly, I love and miss you. I'll call you soon.