Monday, October 18, 2010

And the Parties Never End!!!

Our first birthday celebration took place Sept 18th near Ft Gibson at a gymnastics place.  We got to celebrate Mason's birthday there, then go have pizza.  It was so much fun to be with Jill and her family--after being with them for 4 hours no one wanted to leave.  Macy asked why we couldn't spend the night, and cried for a little while on the way home.  We miss you!  I am so glad you have family in OK, and I get to see you occasionally.

Case and his buddy Max.  They enjoyed crawling around the gymnastics place.  I was glad Max's Aunt and Uncle helped me keep an eye on Case, too.

Mason and Jarett.  Mason still remains Jarett's best friend.  I sure hope that we can see Mason enough that Jarett and Mason don't forget each other.  I don't think Mason and Jarett left each others side throughout the entire afternoon and evening.  I was so glad they got to enjoy each other again.

Macy had a lot of fun swinging off the rope.  Macy has gotten quite brave--I have also noticed her bravery at the playground.  Just another sign that she is growing up on me.

Raevan really wanted to go to POPs, so we started the Cousin's birthday weekend on Friday night, Sept 24th at POPs.  The kids like to sit across from us at the bar in the swivel chairs.  All of the kids got various bottles of root beer.

Case enjoyed the whipped cream on our Sundae at POPs

The Cousins posing in front of the big POPs bottle in front of the restaurant after dinner.
The Next party was at the Science Museum.  Raevan and Korbyn love to visit the science museum when they are in town, and they especially wanted to go with their dad.  I don't have many pictures of Macy, because she was off with Raevan or Korbyn somewhere.

Where is Jarett???

....There he is.  Jarett would hide in those buckets like that and not peep out for 5 minutes, or so.  I would get so claustrophobic, if I did that, but he thought it was so fun and would get mad if I pulled the top bucket off before he was ready to pop out.

Case created his own walker at the science museum by pushing around the plastic stools/chairs.

Jarett has a passion for legos.  As soon as Case stops putting things in his mouth, I will let him have the little ones.  He likes them much better than the big ones.  Who knows, may be by Christmas, he can start getting a collection of legos.

The party moved to my parents house when we were done at the Science Museum.  We had a pinata, ate dinner there, and finished the night with presents.  My kids were thrilled because they got to spend the night over there with there cousins.


Macy wearing the pinata.

Jarett in the Pinata.  Jeremy and I think that Jarett really looks a lot like Macy in this picture.

I LOVE how much the cousins love each other and how much fun they have together--these smiles are priceless.

Case with the cupcake he played with.  He took one bite and then held it.  I don't think he was still hungry.

Case figured out opening presents pretty easily, and had fun doing it.

Our next celebrations: Jarett on September 27th--his 4th birthday. 

Gran got him some Woody pajamas for his birthday.  Jarett said he wanted to be Woody for halloween, so he is dressed up like Woody with his hat and boots before bed.  I think it would be cute, but now he has decided he wants to be a scary skeleton.
 
Jarett got to hug "Ralph" the day after his birthday at Chapel.  

Here is a close-up of the cake I made Jarett.  I found a picture of Yoda on the internet and drew it on the cake.

Since we did not have a birthday party for Macy or Jarett this year, Jarett got to take his Yoda cake to school and celebrate with his friends at school.  We are planning a trip to Branson and Silver Dollar City instead of birthday parties this year.

One week later, Macy had her birthday.  Here is Macy with the cake pops I made for her to take to school and share with the 21 other girls in her kindergarten class.  I also had to send a healthy option (grapes) to abide by the school rules.  She wanted braid pig-tails for her birthday.

Mom stayed with the boys, so Macy and I could do something fun together on her birthday.  I took her to the mall to get her nails done.  I just did a pedicure, but she did both.

Here she is at the drier.
...and the finished product.  She got flowers on her hands, and
...zebra stripes on her toes.

Here she is at home on the evening of her birthday.  After school, Macy had dance class.  While there, she lost her 5th tooth.  Look carefully and you can see which one fell out while she was dancing.


For Macy's birthday we had chili dogs and acorn squash and Case enjoyed the chili, especially the beans that I put in chili.  He also liked his half of cupcake, and the acorn squash, which are also some favorites of Macy, as well.  Sunday, I made her favorite food: chicken fried steak and gravy, complete with mashed potatoes, of course.

Watching Macy open presents is SOOO much fun.  She gets so excited and her genuine enthusiasm is wonderful!

Macy got to help up front on her birthday during a song at chapel.  This was, "Five little Speckled Frogs."

Just a couple of days after Macy's birthday, Case turned 11 months.  It is extremely hard to keep that boy still for a picture.

His smile is precious.  He has 3 teeth on top and three on bottom, but his smily is lop-sided.  He has his middle two teeth on top and bottom, but on the bottom he has his right tooth and on the top has his left tooth (that are next to the middle ones).
On Oct 8, I took both the kids for their annual checkups and Jarett got 3 shots.  He was brave, but did cry for a minute or two.  
Here are the stats: 
Jarett 41 inches (75th percentile)
    36 pounds (75th  percentile)
Macy 50 inches (100th percentile)
47 pounds (75th percentile)
Case was not measured, but got his flu shot.  Case did not cry, or make a peep, but after his shot, he smiled at the nurse.  Then, I picked him up and he started clapping.  What a sweet boy!  He must have a rather high pain tolerance.  We will see what he does at his annual check-up.

No comments: