Sunday, November 16, 2008

The Zoo

We took a trip to the zoo Friday with the POPs (parents of preschoolers) group from our church.  The kids love going to the zoo, and I enjoy being there this time of year when the weather is beautiful.  Our first stop was the childrens zoo.  We went to feed the birds, and all they were feeding that day was worms, so I bought each of the kids a container that held about 4 or 5 worms.  Macy liked to hold the worms in her hands, but Jarett would not touch the worms, however, he liked touching the birds.  
The bird that Macy is feeding LOVED me.  I was wearing a backpack, and the bird kept trying to get inside and did get inside once; I got the zoo-keeper to help me get him out.  He said he was probably looking for worms; too bad, I don't carry worms around with me, or I would have gladly shared.  I did not get a picture of this, but am hoping someone will send me a picture they took of my bird-friend climbing all over me.

Patrick, the Gorilla was very close to the window and the kids enjoyed talking to him this time. Here, Jarett is climbing on the gorilla statue.   They also enjoyed the crocodile, who opened his mouth and showed us all his teeth. 

No comments: