Wednesday, September 14, 2011

NYC/US Open 2011

For our 10 year anniversary, Jeremy and I took a trip to New York. We got tickets to the US Open Tennis tournament and had a blast. Thank you Jeremy, for taking me to somewhere I have always dreamed of going!

Here is Andy Roddick hitting a serve in Arthur Ashe Stadium


This is zoomed out at Arthur Ashe Stadium

Here I am in front of one of the entrances into the tennis center.


This is Monflis playing...


Ferrero in Louis Armstrong stadium. We had tremendous seats for the 5-set match


Do you recognize the announcers? John MacEnroe and Brad Gilbert

Here is the huge serving Karlovic playing...

the Frenchman with the most beautiful backhand, Gasquet. We enjoyed this match on one of the outer courts--13, I think

Here is Del Portro playing on the Grandstand--great seats, again!


Two Americans with the coin toss in Louis Armstrong--Isner and Ginepri. Isner won in 3 sets.


Isner is one tall dude,


...with a mean serve.


Here is Andy Murry playing a 5 set match against Hasse. We had amazing seats, yet again, in Louis Armstrong!


Court 17 is the new show court and we caught a young American, named Bogomolov playing and had front row seats for part of this match. It is actually better to be about 10 rows back from the court, if you ask me.


A picture of Authur Ashe Stadium from the boardwalk to the subway.


Here is Blake signing autographs.


Jeremy and I in Armstrong stadium.

Being the breastfeeding educator that I am, I had to take a picture of this store on upper-East side in Manhattan. It was closed on Sunday, so we did not get to walk in, but it is named, "Yummy Mummy."

I thought this was a wonderful trip. We did not do the typical touristy stuff, but we did see a wonderful musical--Mary Poppins!!! We both LOVED is and had center stage seats. It was a wonderful trip, and I would love to go to the US OPEN again!

No comments: