Friday, August 19, 2011

First Day of School!!!

Macy and Jarett started public school today! This is the first year Macy is going to full-day school. Last year, she was in kindergarten for 1/2 day. Jarett started Pre-K at a wonderful Pre-K only school, and his teacher seems so nice! He will go everyday for a 1/2 day in the afternoon (while Case naps). My house is so quite right now.

Jarett's teacher even came to the house to meet Jarett 8 days before school started and gave him a count-down sticker chart for the first day of school. Jarett has been soooo excited to start school, it is nearly funny!

After meet the teacher, Macy was not scared about school. We found out her teacher goes to our church and 3 of Macy's best friends are in her class! Macy was a little nervous, but told me after meet the teacher, that she was not nervous anymore, just excited. I can hardly wait to hear about her day!

We started the morning with waffles, carnation instant breakfast, and candles, and I sang, "Happy first day of school..." to the kids. They liked it, and it is a tradition I will continue till they get too old for it :-). Who doesn't like to blow out a candle??? We also had a prayer about being good students, friends, and prayed for the teachers. I pray they will be "a light to the world" at school.

Here is Macy in front of her school sign. They morning went so smooth today. We were not running late, and everybody had plenty of time to eat, get dressed, make their beds, and brush teeth. Did I forget anything?

Macy told me that she was most excited about having her own desk. It was so fun--she got to select her own desk and it was right across from her best friend Lydia and next to Stephanie. I am not sure if she will stay there all year, but it made the first day a lot of fun!

Here is Jarett, with a big smile in front of his school. He looks so big! Up to this point, I had not shed a tear!

We walked in and Jarett found his nametag. Then the kids found a square to sit on. He did not tell me, but I bet Jarett chose to sit by the kid with the cool hair! During circle time, they had a moment of silence where each child can pray if they want to. So wonderful!

Here is where I started to cry...the teacher introduced "Chester" a raccoon puppet, and read THE KISSING HAND. (Total tear-jerker). She gave all the parents 2 heart stickers and after the story we kissed our child's hand and put a sticker on their name badge (which mean's, "I love you)." Then Jarett kissed my hand and gave me a sticker. He never cried.
I am so excited to hear about their days at school today. I can hardly wait till it is time to pick them up! Macy and Jarett, I love you and am so proud of you.

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

Sounds like a great first day morning!

Newberry said...

I'm excited to hear how their days go. I know Jarett will love his teacher.