Saturday, May 14, 2011

April...Date, birthdays, Easter, and...

Jarett with the slam dunk.  Jarett loves all things sports.  He can watch tennis, basketball, baseball, football, golf... on TV, but he LOVES playing sports.  He tells me that he is going to be a basketball player when he grows up.  

Me and my cowboy date.  The church has a cowboy date every year for mother's and sons.  Jarett has so much fun, as do I.

He got to ride a real horse!

Shoot guns.

Learn to lasso, and have a lasso demo from a real cowboy!  We also ate BBQ and had other crafts you could do, but mostly, Jarett wanted to shoot the guns.

It was fun to have Grandad at the date--all the elders of the church get to serve the moms and sons.  What a fun evening!!!

Macy driving the ball down the field at her soccer game.

The Y had a wellness fair at the soccer fields in April.  Here are Case and Macy in the firetruck with a real firefighter!

The kids went on a Easter Egg hunt near our house the weekend before Easter.  Case holding up a treasure for his basket.

Case admiring the pine cones he was filling his basket with.

"Okay, we are supposed to fill the basket with the eggs--I got it"

I don't think Jarett could have gotten anther egg to fit in his basket.  Does Case look happy, or what?

I decided to give Case his first haircut on April 17.  I just trimmed the back and over his ears.  I am noticing that his ears need another trim, after a month.

Ap 18th, 2011--pure joy to my heart!

Case in the stroller at Preschool

Jarett thought it was so funny to put grandad's hat on Case.  Case would run away--they did this a few times before Case grew tired of the game.

"I see you."  Case loved to play Peek-a-boo.  He will say, "boo."  "I see you."

I thought this was a precious picture of Jarett in the hat.

My family had gone to my parents house to celebrate my birthday and my dad's birthday on Ap 23 (between our birthdays).  The food was delicious--I could not believe my mom had made 2 different kinds of cakes.  I guess turning 35 is not so bad after all.

Macy showing an egg that she colored.  She tells me that her favorite color, now is turquoise.  

Jarett coloring Easter Eggs.  We colored with Crayons and Dye.

The rain kept the Easter Bunny from hiding eggs outside this year.  Macy and Jarett came home from church and looked in the front yard for eggs, but found none.  They looked in the back yard and found none.  I think Macy was at the verge of tears, thinking that the Easter bunny just did not come because of the rain and thunderstorms.  Jeremy told the kids to take their shoes off and put them in their rooms.  Jarett call out, "I found eggs!!!"  The Easter bunny hid the eggs in their rooms this year while we were at church!  



Case found a new pair of shoes from the Easter bunny in his room, too.

whew, the Easter bunny came through--even though it was rainy and wet.
Ap 29, Jeremy went out of town for his annual fishing and camping trip.  Unfortunately, on Ap 29th, Jarett broke his leg at a gymnastics birthday party.  I took him to the ER on the 30th (my birthday) and he was casted.  I was not sure anything was majorly wrong on the 29th, so I gave him Tylenol and put him to bed.  When, he awoke the next day and needed my help to get out of bed, and was hurting too bad to move any part of his leg, I knew I needed to take him to get x-rayed.  

My parents had gone to Cordell and Jeremy was 4 hours away, so thankfully, Case and Macy got to go to a friends house.  Alyssa and Matt, you were life savers!  Jarett was really brave that day, I cried, and he did not. I think a lot of my emotions were the stress of handling this alone.

Here is a picture of his cast.  He has been a trooper, and has not complained much at all about having it on.  His only complaint is when it itches him.  He now has a shorter cast, that is "Aggie ramoon" as Jarett calls it.  He should get that one off June 1, if all goes according to plan.

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

Loved reading your April highlights. And I hope you never need to get another child in a cast...but we are here for you!

Newberry said...

Hey Rae, I just enjoyed reading your last few posts. I haven't been up on the blogs lately:) Anyway, it looks like things are going well for you all. Case is getting so big! I love the pictures of him feeding Max. Also, I cannot believe Jarett's cast. I'm sure he is a trooper though. Tell him the slam dunk is very impressive. Give them all a hug for me. Love and miss you, and I can't wait to see you all! p.s. thanks for taking care of Josh! He loves hanging out with your family.