Sunday, March 8, 2009

The Princess and the Cool Cat.

Thursday, we went to the playground at 5:00 after rest time and Jarett wore his sunglasses.  We had a short stay at the playground b/c I needed to put the lasagna in the oven, so we came home and I got dinner in the oven, and we played in the back yard.  Jarett wore his sunglasses, still.  We played with our neighbors, and did not come in for dinner till nearly 7:00, and Jarett still had his sunglasses on--I don't think he gets the purpose, but he sure is proud of his Spiderman glasses.  I was quite surprised he was not running into things after it got dark.

Thursday morning he saw his glasses and decided to put them on again, and doesn't he look cute eating his breakfast.
Of course, Macy could not be left out, so here she is with her Ariel glasses, only I think she kind of understands that she does not see as well when she is wearing hers--they are probably dirty.  Seriously, they both ate their entire breakfast just like this!
Macy went to Charlotte's Birthday party on Saturday, and Cinderella fixed her hair so pretty.  Macy wore her Ariel costume to the party because all the girls were supposed to dress up like princesses, but by the time I got my camera out for a picture of her, she had changed into one of her favorite dress-up dresses.
The next 2 photos are of Macy posing like a princess.  She has on Ariel stick on earrings she got at the party.


Today at church, Jeremy was serving communion, and I had both kids.  They were coloring for a little bit, then Jarett finished his picture, so he got interested in communion.  He said, "I want some,"  as the grape juice was passed, and I told him that after he is baptized, then he could have some.  
He replied, "Mommy, I baptized Jesus."  (In Bible class about 2 months ago, I taught the lesson of John baptizing Jesus, and all the children took a turn being John, and getting to baptize the Jesus figurine in a bowl of water.  They all loved this activity, and I believe that is why Jarett has a good memory for this lesson at Sunday School).  Anyway, I explained that when he got bigger that he could be baptized, just like Jesus was baptized.  To this Jarett replied, "and when I get bigger, I want to drink coffee."  Jarett always asks for some coffee, and we tell him, that when he gets bigger, he can have coffee, so now Jarett does not ask for coffee, he merely states that when he gets bigger, he can drink coffee.  I love how little minds work.

No comments: