Sunday, February 1, 2009

Fun Weekend

This weekend the kids helped me make their new favorite cookies to take to the Super Bowl party on Sunday.  They are peanut butter, oatmeal, chocolate chip, and M&M cookies.  YUM!!!  Macy and Jarett took turns dumping things in after I measured them.  Macy cracked the eggs, no shell!  Both of them were very excited about licking the beater and the bowl.  Macy finished before I got the camera out, but Jarett looked like he fell in a vat of peanut butter.


Macy has taken a nap in Jarett's room a couple of times in her new sleeping bag that her Papa Ott and Aunt Emily gave to her.  The kids love each other so much and just love being together.  So, Friday night, we let Jarett spend the night in Macy's room.  Jeremy and I heard nothing out of either of them all night.  They must have gone straight to sleep--amazing!!!  Around 7:30 in the morning we heard giggling, and the little thuds of their feet coming into our room.
Macy and Jarett love to cuddle and give one another hugs.  I asked Jarett if Macy was his best friend, today, and he said, "yes, and Colby also my best friend."  (We had dinner with Kenny, Andrea, and Colby last night, and the kids took turns giving Colby hugs quite a few times.  My children just love Colby--he is 13 months old.)  Anyway, Jarett and Macy love to cuddle, and then call, "Mommy, mommy, look at us."  They love the reaction they get when Jeremy or I say, "Aren't you sweet."  Anyway, God has blessed me with two children who laugh together a lot, and love each other more that I can imagine.  I thank my God for them, daily.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

The family picture you added looks great. Colby loves Jarett and Macy too! He is looking forward to having his buddies over again soon!